Service hotline:86 755 25177845
当前位置: Home > News > Industry news

Contrasting schedule reliability in Taiwan’s container lines

Sea-Intelligence has released the 149th issue of the Global Liner Performance (GLP) report, providing schedule reliability data up to and including December 2023 and covering schedule reliability across 34 different trade lanes and 60+ carriers.



"Source:, GLP Report, issue 149"



"Source:, GLP Report, issue 149"


Amid the Red Sea crisis, December 2023 witnessed a substantial -5.0% points month-on-month drop in global schedule reliability, marking the most significant decline since February 2021, settling at 56.8%, according to the report.


This makes December 2023 the second-lowest month for schedule reliability in the previous year. On a year-on-year basis, schedule reliability in December 2023 was only marginally higher by 0.4% points compared to December 2022. The average delay for LATE vessel arrivals also increased by 0.30 days month-on-month to 5.35 days, attributed to the round-of-Africa sailings.


In the last month of 2023, Taiwanese container line Evergreen emerged as the most reliable among the top-13 carriers, boasting a schedule reliability of 63.6%, closely followed by France's CMA CGM as the only two carriers surpassing the 60% threshold.


Six carriers achieved schedule reliability within the 50%-60% range, while the remaining five carriers all fell between 40%-50%, with another Taiwanese carrier Yang Ming identified as the least reliable carrier at 45.6% schedule reliability for December 2023.


"Because of the increased transit times round of Africa, none of the top-13 carriers recorded an M/M improvement in schedule reliability, while only 4 carriers were able to record a Y/Y improvement," said Alan Murphy, CEO, of Sea-Intelligence.


Shenzhen Xunlaitong specializes in shipping export from Shenzhen to Australia & New Zealand, Germany, Netherlands and more business